BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Single Moms Club









 







THE PITCH





WORTH
$$$

THE VIEWING

"We should start a support group."


I saw this movie by accident.  A significant amount of  time had past since I've been to the show and needed an excuse to go…  I’m glad I went.  Tyler Perry’s TSMC wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, in fact it was pretty good. His usually obvious “meet cute” scenes are becoming less obvious although there were still some sprinkled in this picture. They didn't dilute the overall viewing experience.  I was able to focus on the main theme and that’s what ultimately counts.

    I can see how many may not care for the central topic because it focuses only on one side of a multitude of complex situations. There were many dilemmas that was brought out that really enlightened me… Situations that I hadn't realized were real problems.  Again, as I stated time and time again here… The real value is leaving the theater with more than what you came in with.

    There’s always three sides to every argument. While the truth is 100% of the time in the middle, it is usually left up for interpretation using the left side and the right as the context to find it.  So I won’t judge this movie on anything other than the view point the director is aiming at. That is the core reason behind my high rating.  TSMC was a complete story, which is a rarity nowadays.

    For me, Terry Crews was the highlight of the movie for me.  I don’t know why he’s so funny to me but he is.  No ground breaking one-liners just his presence is enough… this dude seems to have a dance move for every movie he’s in and even though you know its coming like Matthew McConaughey taking off his shirt mostly all his movies… it still makes me laugh.  It was a surprise because I went to the theater not knowing that he was even in it. His whole thing was a relief from all the corny one-liners that saturates this and most of Tyler Perry's films. Really quick, Wendi McLendon-Covey is very funny as well... or should I say as usual. She is quickly becoming one of my favorites too

    The Single Mothers Club is definitely Worth Watching.

letter grade: B-












No comments: