BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Puss in Boots





PITCH




"Fear me, if you dare!"

VIEW


    Walking in the theater auditorium I'm thinking: "Puss in Boots had better be a good story because I already know the Dreamworks animation is going  to be top notch".... It really was.


        Extracting showcase features from other original ideas/movies(spin-offs) are very risky.  Sometimes you get Red Sonja or Chronicles of Riddick which enjoyed some very good cult  success; Or it may yield a Catwoman from the gamble.  Other times, however, you can get extremely good  to classic features like:
 

        Of course when I spoke of a 'classic' earlier, certainly, I was referring to The Professional.  Not only do I have that as the best spin-off of all time but one of the best films of all time!  To put it in perspective... I have yet to see the conclusion of the film that spawned it: La Femme Nikita .  Don't get me wrong, 3 quarters of the way through La Femme Nikita I find it to be a really good movie.  It's just one of those things that I can't explain, for whatever reason I just never finished it *hunching my shoulders*... One day I'll complete it but I say all of that to say if the spin-off was good enough to stand on it's own, then there's a very good chance that the source or original film was pretty darn good.

    There may not be too many people in the world that have not seen a "Shrek" movie.  There may also be a substantially shorter percentage of folk that didn't like the movie(s) but Shrek is loved by darn near everyone that has viewed it.  I believe Puss In Boots can share that same success or something close to it.

   I really feel that there could be a successful spin-off from this flick.


          Ethnic authenticity is key here.  From the town, to the music,and the accents, shoot, the overall all feel was just... smh.  YOU NEVER FULLY REALIZE HOW WEIRD IT SHOULD BE FOR EGGS AND CATS TO CARRY CONVERSATIONS WITH HUMANS because the story is so awesome!  You get lost in it to the point where the particulars are really a non-issue.  Even the sex-appeal is not appalling because of the careful way it is used.  Kids will be non-the-wiser as Puss and Kitty Soft Paws salsa up the screen with a little... flavor.

   Very much worth your dollar I can give this movie no less than a -A.





I love this!









WORTH
$$$$1/2







No comments: