BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks

SHOTGUN MODE REVIEW
(trying to catch my blog up)


THE PITCH





WORTH
$$$$


THE VIEWING

"a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down"

     Surprisingly well made, I enjoyed every moment of Saving Mr. Banks.  From the opening scene to the finish, I was just as engaged into the story as Walt Disney's daughters was into P.L Travers' book.  I said before on this blog that true value is leaving the theater with more than you came in with.  That is exactly what happened here. I learned so much about the behind-the-scenes drama and the back story of the making of Disney's Mary Poppins.
     I really felt Emma Thompson deserved an Oscar for her performance.  I really feel like Saving Mr. Banks should of been recognized as a nomination for Best Picture...  but to no avail.  I have a feeling that this wonderful piece of cinema, that ironically compliments another masterpiece of a film will fall into the abyss of under-rated films... pity.

Worth Watching
letter grade: A





No comments: