BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED SHORT FILMS




ANIMATED

Get a Horse : Very cute, mixing the old with the new- not as cute as the Maggie Simpson short last year.

Mr. Hublot:  Almost "too" whimsical at first. I couldn't predict what the conflict in the film was till almost 3 quarters of the way through it, not to mention what the resolution could possibly be...  That's a good thing.

Feral: Did not like this one... too melancholy through out.

Possessions: Wonderful and beautiful animation/Anime.  Imaginative and different. Really good piece of work.

Room on the Broom:  This is the animated short that I thought would grab an Oscar for sure!  Very intriguing story. I missed the child's book it was adopted from.  Surprisingly funny.  Simon Pegg did an outstanding job narrating.



LIVE ACTION

Helium:  This short was well done.  I wasn't impressed only because I felt as if the director went for the sure fire method to make the audience feel for his characters by using sick children.  Not saying that's what he did it just felt like he could have.  Good short though.

The Voorman Problem:  The most intriguing short out of all of these. I loved it.

Avant Que De Tout Perdre / Just Before Losing Everything: Besides the next short following this one, Just Before Losing Everything is as intense as it gets. Even though I'm inexperienced as an abused wife I can't imagine a more complete synopsis of that terror.  Excellent piece of work.

Aquel No Era Yo / That Wasn't Me:  This is the live action short that I thought was a sure fire win but I was wrong yet again!  This was the best one out the bunch for me.  This short will stick with you for a very long time.  Any story that has the power to do that with the amount of time need to be called a "short" should be recognized.

Do I Have to Take Care of Everything: Very funny.  A MUCH needed comic relief after Aquel No Era Yo / That Wasn't Me.  The pace was really fast and unpredictable. Really nice!




No comments: