BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation





THE PITCH






WORTH
$$$$$


THE VIEWING

"I can neither confirm nor deny any details about any operation without the permission of the Secretary."



  Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation stayed true to the MI infrastructure which has made it’s brand a legendary franchise.  That should bode well for most of us and then again perhaps not...  I observed a few complaints about the predictability of the story line despite the film’s loyalty to the original fan base.  Objectively, I can see both sides even though I lean more towards respecting the brand and them not trying to be something else.  Risky transformations/redirection of brand identity can work though. I cite Fast Five of the Fast & Furious franchise
   The IMF is always running the risk of being shut down but that threat is imminent this narrative.  I really found this story interesting and unpredictable, two characteristics of any successful movie.  I thought this was one of the better chapters in the MI gift set.

 


   Quick notation of a pleasantly hidden easter egg, I love the soft reverence to the classic Casablanca. Not only was a portion of the story there but the lead actress's name is Ilsa. The actress Rebecca Ferguson is Swedish like Ingrid Bergman… Selfishly I had to point that out because remember, Casablanca made my 15 Greatest Films of All-Time [so far] list.


 So!!!  Worth Watching in my book!
letter grade: B+




The Most Insane Tom Cruise Stunts Ever!
Tom Cruise has quite the reputation for performing his own stunts...I had NO idea he did THIS many! #MPOriginal
Posted by Moviepilot Video on Monday, August 17, 2015






















No comments: