BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Monday, June 1, 2015

San Andreas













THE PITCH









WORTH
$$$

THE VIEWING

"What do we do now?"

      I dare any movie buff to lie and say the trailer for San Andreas did not remind them of the the movie “2012”. Surely it did that for me which was an instant turn off…. for me.  I didn’t need to see another movie like that, so the urgency to see it jettisoned to the middle of my movie-must-see list, maybe near the bottom even.


     Well I went out with my lady, of whom I’ve been with for almost a year (July 30th will be the Anni) and we had our first “strong” disagreement about a movie.  We have very similar tastes and are both movie buffs. I was actually stunned that the movie was as good as it was but then again, I went in with very low expectations.  I am not sure where her expectation level was but she certainly was not feeling it or at least like I was: “Too over-the-top”, “corny lines”, “predictable” and the always frustrating smart alecky, wisecracks while in pursuit to/from probable death. I won’t refute that this flick had ALL of those things but still… it worked for me.


      As charismatic as Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) is, I can’t say it was all him that made the movie flow like it did. I thought, besides the obvious plot, the story had a decent path.  Picking up interesting characters along the way and the sub plots were pretty good as well.  As over- the- top as some of the action was, it became easily forgivable once the next scene started.


    I wanted to wait until the end of the credits to warn you guys for possible easter eggs or bonus material but SOMEBODY was in a hurry to get out of there. lol  


  So!! If anyone stayed and waited would you be so kind as to confirm or deny any material at the very end in the comment section for this movie review?? Thank you in advance.


   Worth watching!!!  I can ONLY imagine how the CGI would look in 3D.  I enjoyed it on the regular format so there is no wrong choice there.  This is also a good flick to scarf down Popcorn and Pop, regardless of how many times you may miss your mouth throwing it in!

letter Grade: B-




















No comments: