BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Jurassic World





THE PITCH






WORTH
$$$$$



THE VIEWING

"These people never learn."



      Jurassic World was dumb… at least the idea was, but it was oh soooooooo much fun. I am detecting a pattern that way.  Movies that are “safe” are getting the green light over anything risky.  Not to be too dramatic but soooo long to all the would-be Shawshank Redemptions and movies like The Siege and Slumdog Millionaire. Anything not a sequel, prequel or of “shared Universe”. Jurassic World is also getting some very heavy numbers at the box office.  Numbers that the suits occupying conference rooms in the studios of Universal, Paramount, ect. are taking note.  It is a shame that I liked the movie so much, I am only adding to the problem.


    It is a rarity when trailers captures the movie it’s promoting perfectly and without deceit. I was so hyped up for this movie that I went all out and bought D-Box seats with the 3-D.  My decision to splurge was not met with regret but rewarded with smiles the whole way through. Popcorn missing my mouth and then finding it later that night putting the clothes in the hamper.


   Nice casting too, I loved the child actors and what more can be said about Chris Pratt? He is the new Harrison Ford in my book. Charisma, witty, funny, “it” factor, he seems to have the whole package.  Unlike the ‘chosen’ superhero of 2009  Sam Worthington that ended up playing every hero in seemingly every action movie... Chris wasn’t forced on us like that. Oh, and ol’ girl whats-her-face (Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of film maker Ron Howard)), was just as memorable in this picture as Téa Leoni was in Bad Boys.  It was extremely hard to like her character but with no fault of her own.  Her likableness or lack there of was the direct result of a shallow script.


     No need to go through the minutiae of the plot.  It is the same as it has always been with the ENTIRE JP franchise. Maybe an adjustment here and a reorder there but technically…. the same.  While I liked The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, I am still wondering why Jurassic World was sooooooo much more successful than the previous two?  Great trailer, huge time gap between this one and (supposedly) the last one, or maybe just perfect timing on the release date… I dunno.  


     The only gripe I will mention is in an attempt to make the CGI more real, some of the dinosaurs ended up looking more unreal.  Almost like they regressed with the post production or maybe used a new company but I was shocked. It was not a glaring problem, but just with a few shots of the Raptors and the Brontosauruses.


    Worth Watching and owning!  I don’t think the 3D was so good that I would do it again for this movie.  So if faced with the option, save the extra $2. No easter eggs or bonus footage after the credits either folks.



    letter grade: A




















No comments: