BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Carrie(2013)




THE PITCH



WORTH
 $$


THE VIEWING
"I've been asked to prom."  

         Chloë Grace Moretz is a very talented actress and as charming and charismatic as she is... I wish they would've casted someone different to play a timid and shy Carrie White.  Somebody with a more 'vulnerable' look maybe, I don't know. It could be that Chloë's definitive work as a vampire in Let Me In is getting in the way of me seeing her on screen in any other way... at least in any dark movie. 

    This remake, that should have never been made, suffered in a lot of ways but none more outright than the special effects. I don't want to pile on but honestly and without exaggerating... I've seen better CGI and special effects in the original Spy Kids movie... seriously.  I was so disappointed but mainly at all the potential left back in studio. They should of pushed the date back, maybe did a few more test screenings and made the necessary post-production modifications. It could have worked.

  Not worth the paying theater prices maybe, and I mean maybe a date night movie when available on bluray.

letter grade: C-







 

No comments: