BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Let Me In



The Pitch




The View
 One of the better horror films that you'll ever see.  I love the pleasant surprise of greatness when your expecting mediocrity. Let Me In was everything I suspected from Interview with the Vampire but without the lengthy feel and a measure of more intensity; and dare I say darker?
I loved this film so much that I rented the original Dutch film 'Let the Right One In'.  After viewing that film it became apparent that this is one of the few cases where the remake succeeds the first film. The latter film took everything that was great about the rudimentary piece and enhanced it. Plus the two child stars in Let Me In were leaps and bounds better than the two in the first film... Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee.  I wouldn't be surprised if these two become type-casted for the horror genre.
Lastly, kudos to now&laters [one of my childhood treats] to close a deal for this movie. Not only was it fun to see them all over the big screen but the manner in which they were used [eerie].  Again, Kodi knocks me out whenever I think back to this film and picture him singing the now & later jingle so innocently, so softly. Which then reminds me of Vito Corleone in that quarantine room at the beginning of Godfather II .  Swinging his little legs in that big chair in that 'big' situation singing some Italian song while gazing out the window at the new land. Stuff like that is like a tattoo on the brain.  You can't erase them away and most times you wouldn't want to anyway.
 Gotta give it an A+!


The Worth
$$$$$

No comments: