BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Focus (II)






                           THE PITCH






WORTH
$$$


THE VIEWING

 "It's about distraction. It's about focus. The brain is slow and it can't multitask. Tap him here, take from there."




       Apparently, the lead role was offered to Ryan Gosling, Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt. All who either dropped out or declined. Having seen the movie I can see why. The film was “likable”, though it may have overachieved.  Firstly, I’m shocked Will Smith took the role. This is his first ‘R’ rated film since Bad Boys II.  I think Will was convinced he could ‘make’ the film and essentially I felt he did.  I just feel the script got in it’s own way.  It tried too hard to keep me guessing.  The plot(s), at times went overboard and I attribute that to the writers.

    This should have been a really great romance film, instead I felt it was a dark love story… with dark comedy, which wasn't  bad. I did get a few chuckles out of this film.  All the twists and turns in the plot(s) is what kept me interested, it was just one too many.

   Think Hitch meets The Italian Job.  Loads of potential that didn’t quite live up to what should have been. Having said that, the movie was cute.  I still think it’s Worth Watching.  It will make a good movie night when available for rental.  You may want to wait  for that opportunity.
letter grade: B-

















No comments: