BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Friday, November 1, 2013

GRAVITY






THE PITCH


WORTH
 $$$$$

THE VIEWING
 "You have to learn to let go. "
        Gravity got so many mixed reviews among my peers that I decided to find out for myself what it was.  Not on my list of ‘must sees’ I still made my way to the theater on an early Saturday morning to check it out in 3D...  Spectacular! And not just the gorgeous cinematography that I heard about previously but all the moments.  The chain reaction disasters contrasted with deafening silences interrupted with titillating gasps and sips of oxygen in order to survive that kept us in air as thin as that on screen.

      This film will win an Oscar for Cinematography and or Special Effects and probably even Sound Editing.  Come back after the awards are given out and see how I fared for my prediction.  To me, this was the first real surprise film this year.  The way it was promoted and even the cast of George Clooney erected all sorts of red flags initially… and I like George… just not in a film like this… but I was wrong.  After seeing his performance and the type of part he played in the grand scheme of things, I can’t imagine anyone better.

    I heard some complaints of it being boring or slow parts… I’m sorry, I just didn't get that. This film was almost near perfect.  The action was intense and even the silence was suspenseful dramatic.  I felt like I was inside the film. When it was over, I felt like I absorbed it instead of watched it.  Maybe because I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little and planes and shuttles really interests me, or just maybe director Alfonso Cuar’on did a phenomenal job…  In either case the bar set for Science Fiction in film has again been moved up a few notches and I love it.

   Be sure to arrive on time so you’ll catch the short narration at the very beginning, subtitled to thoroughly prepare you for everything that you are about to absorb…. very important’e!

    Definitely worth every penny.  I think this should hold it’s own even without the 3D… It’s THAT beautiful to watch.


letter grade: A









No comments: