BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Monday, September 16, 2013

2 Guns




THE PITCH





WORTH
$$$1/2



THE VIEWING

" So, partner, what's your plan?"


    “Make it rain.”  ... Those 3 words in the original teaser, that... frivolous trailer, made this movie a probable DVD flick in the way distant future… for me.  I would like to think of myself as a balanced person, looking at everything objectively and not prejudging, but I wasn't in this case.  Judging a book by it’s cover is just as bad as reading the synopsis on the back claiming to have read it.   Thank God for family and friends.  It is because of them that I even gave this movie a chance and I’m glad I did.

    Definitely wasn't as shallow as the trailer would make it seem. Indeed it was very violent though, in nature and visually on screen. The script played well for a good attention grabbing story while offering both Wahlberg and Washington ample room to maneuver their magic on screen. Buddy cop movies usually have a format or a pattern that we usually see a mile away. The Double cross, triple cross, quadruple cross breaks up all the expectations and makes you watch honestly.

  I really liked this movie despite some minor gripes.
  Worth the dollar.




  letter grade: B



















No comments: