BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook






THE PITCH


WORTH
$$$$$



THE VIEWING

" The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That's guaranteed. I can't begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday's my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a very lucky guy."

     I know I'm very late but as the old saying goes... better late than never.  You'd never know it now that it's seen but this was an "I'll-wait-till-it's-on-bluray" movie and end-up-never-seeing-it film for me.
  I had two free movie tickets to the MJR theater but couldn't use them for a currently released picture (Olympus has Fallen).  I knew Silver Lining Playbook was nominated quite a few times for Oscars so I decided to take a chance... what a great decision that was!  SLP had to be one of the best love story's that I've seen in a long time...  Walking out the theater you think of other movies that did a pretty good job telling a story about the main character having a mental disorder and being  strong enough to overcome it and get to the ultimate goal: love... (As good as it Gets is one that immediately comes to mind), and by nature compare the two.  I can't tell you which is better, only that both are just that great of a flick.

     Perfectly casted, edited... Great script!!!  I mean extremely well written.  I forgot Chris Tucker makes his "back for the first time" cameo in this film which turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. I see now why Jennifer Lawrence won the Oscar for best actress.  I also see why Deniro was nominated, I think that was his best performance ( I may be overacting due to the newness of this film).

     I implore all who appreciate a good time out at the movies to go and see it before it leaves the theater.

  Most definitely worth watching
grade: A     

     

























 

No comments: