BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Monday, April 15, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation






THE PITCH






WORTH
$$$

THE VIEWING

"Everybody wants to rule the world."


     Whether it's Tears for Fears or Zartan from G.I. Joe, the statement is true.  I believe G.I. Joe: Retaliation jumps off the summer action blockbuster series.  Considering that it was delayed all the way from the summer of last year, logic tells me the the producer(s) wanted to make sure that the movie did well.  It was rumored that the delay was due to the insertion of 3D technology to the movie, which I don't buy, to getting certain actors being squared away with contracts. Overall, I want to say it was worth the wait but the reality is I'm just glad it's complete. 
          I'm also happy that the story revolved around my favorite character growing up.... Roadblock.


                 
            Dwayne Johnson did a great job and the movie was better than I expected but the true center piece of the movie, as in the original, was the story of the two ninjas.  Storm Shadow and Snake eyes.  This sub-story, again, helped propel the film.












          Even in the time of the popular TV show these two characters where very intriguing.  I wish that they can have their own spinoff movie. I still don't know why Bruce Willis was in this movie after watching it, but despite minor gripes the movie was very watchable and interesting.  Unfortunately after seeing a movie like Olympus Has Fallen where plausibility takes the front seat, it makes it very hard to watch bullets being sliced in half by samurai swords and motorcycles transforming into missiles... but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a fan.

my unbiased report is the movie is worth watching and it get's a
B-
           


















No comments: