BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Thing









PITCH









"In the three years that I have known him, this is the most excited I have ever seen him."


VIEWING

     This has been an incredible couple of months for memories & movies.  There is no stolgia like nostalgia.  Sooooo much history with this movie and me and it all started with going to kindergarten and seeing this poster all over the "El" train stations in Chicago.


     I KNEW one day I would see what all the fuss was about but never would I of thought it would be all the way in the year 2011[and] right before viewing the [remake] in the same day. [flash-forward to movie day] Awestruck at how great the monster looked in the 1982 version, all I could think about is how blessed I was to have not watched it back then.  The makeup, puppeteering/animatronics, sound effects were incredible for that time period.  The course of the story had my eyes glued to the screen.  Compelling, it's like watching Clue and Alien at the same time!  Needless to say I really liked it and now it was time to watch this very anticipated [remake] approximately an hour and a half later...

        

   This version was awesome.  All the original tense moments,camera angles and fear were somehow transferred seamlessly to this picture but with a bit more 'Mmphhh!!' than I was expecting.  Every actor & actress nailed their parts.  Emotion is  HUGE in these types of movies (think Aliens) and this cast was superb in selling to me lost, lonely, fear, anxiety, ect...



        The monster itself looked great this time around too!  I wouldn't be surprised if this film is nominated for some type of cinematography or special effects award. 


    
      I really like movies like this. A Psychological grinder. "Who are you?", "Are you really who you say that you are?" " Don't you trust me?"... This is the type of flick that you see in one of your weirder nightmares where you are around a gang of friends and family then all of a sudden you are alone in the world. The only difference is that 'you' could be any one member of this crew, the cold of Antarctica, someone/something is trying to kill you and the dark of the night when it falls.



Worth watching! Letter grade: -A


WORTH
$$$$1/2



No comments: