BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fright Night (2011)





PITCH












VIEW


"Hey, guy. You've been watching me. I've been watching you. Your mom. There's a kind of neglect. Gives off a kind of scent. And your girl? She is ripe. It's on you to look out for them because there are a lot of bad people out there, Charlie. "



       Story.  I was a scary cat when I was little.  Clowns, mascots, dogs, cats, puppets, the whole month of October. [I can release this to my fan base because I feel confident now that I told a friend about my previous condition :)].  We [my family] lived in Chicago, Illinois at the time of the original Fright Night release...  My older sister, being a horror movie fan, just HAD to see this flick but she couldn't because she was babysitting me.... What to do?  We sneaked into the Water Tower building theater and I saw what would be coined as my very first or one of my first horror movies [ It's between this one and  a movie called LifeForce, I can't remember, this was a loooong time ago].  Needless to say that I spent a great deal of the movie covering my face with my hands... This time it was different.


     Director Craig Gillespie did a fine job keeping the essence of the first one and making the situation of a vampire moving in next door a paralyzing situation.  He also kept the balance of horror to comedy at the "just-right" ratio to get a few laughs out of us while knowingly tensing up for the next surprise.




Collin Farrell makes a great vampire!


Anton Yelchin is a pretty good actor.  Seeing him outside his Star Trek uniform was a bit awkward at first.  Gradually we see Pavel Chekov dissolves into "Charlie" as the movie gets underway.




    Great way to reintroduce a cult classic to another generation. B+!   This movie is definitely worth watching.



WORTH
$$$$















No comments: