BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon



PITCH


" It's over. I'm sorry, but it's over."

VIEW

    Where do I began?  There is soooooooooooo much here that it's almost frightening to try and harness it all and give you a short and precise evaluation.  Let's start with this:  I loved it.  Love, love, love... loved it.  


Never have I seen a trilogy this complete since the Godfather movies, this is what the Matrix conclusion should of looked like.  Here we had an origin, a middle, and this glorious conclusion. Not a melancholy cerebral ending for us to determine what happens; Or something like a Soprano ending where you feel incomplete.  
 

Darkside of the Moon leaves no stone unturned.



   The cast once again showed why they are paid like they are, even the newcomer Carly played by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.    Caution: You are going to hear a lot of people downing her performance for whatever reason they can come up with.  Believe me she was spectacular, amazing even, for her first movie!  Her first real acting gig and she nailed it!
 

Kudos to the writers for making her part pertinent to the story.  Actually, the resolution of the conflict relied heavily on her role believe it or not.  Incredible.



     John Malkovich was funny but most of his stuff should of been left on the editing room floor.

 
John Turturro provided comedic relief as well and as usual, but Ken Jeong [Mr. Chow from The Hangover] provided probably the most laughs next to Alan Tudyk[Simon in Death at a Funeral] .  I forgot he was in the flick, what a pleasant surprise.  Also it was nice seeing  Lester Speight [Reebok's Terry Tate 'the office linebacker']again.
      Lastly, Leonard Nimoy and Hugo Weaving are exceptional voice talents.


     So, the only complaint from others that I'm entertaining is the length.  Understand, that I come from a place where if the movie is good... I really don't mind it being long.  In fact I applaud it, more material for my buck is exactly how I see it.

     I liked the story a lot although I heard some complaints about that too. The whole pillar dilemma and all the deceit made the villainy seem absolute.  A complex problem that needed more than one answer made for some interesting decisions and outcomes... but the finale!  Whew! I believe the finale lasted dang near an half of a hour.  When I went to see it a second time I made a note to look at my watch and I forgot because there was just so much going on!



     One thing is for sure, no one on this earth can say that the action was lacking.  I'm pretty sure you haven't seen this much action for this long of a period of time ever!


     Darn right this movie get's an A and probably the crown for the blockbuster summer cinema showdown here in 2011.  We have to see how Captain America comes out and Cowboys and AliensMission: Impossible 4 wont be out till after the summer so we still have quite a spread left.  So flicker on O' great flickering light, we will be watching.






WORTH
$$$$$ 




1 comment:

Bonita~Keme said...

This movie was really good. Even though action movies aren't my thing. I loved it!!!!