BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Larry Crowne



PITCH








VIEWING


         Seeing that Tom Hanks wrote, directed, and starred in Larry Crowne I'm thinking... "safe bet". So as I'm sitting there watching it and I went from mellow to intrigued then rudely back to mellow 5 minutes before the credits. It was kind of a let down , let me explain....


     I wasn't sure if this was Tom's first go at directing/writing so I went in prepared to give him a pardon. The movie started off slow... well, idle [as expected]. Then it picked up to where I was very much into the story, although most of it was predictable there where some pleasant surprises, more on that later.   Finally it ended.  Very abruptly and seemingly lazily and I'm left thinking, this movie went from a weak 'B' to a solid mediocre 'C' and this goofy ending sequence helping the credits fall didn't fare well for a reasonable rating either.


     One of the very pleasant surprises was Talia played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw.  She stole the scene she was introduced on, then the rest of the movie.  As a matter of fact, the movie seemed to fall apart as the direction of the story driffted away from her character and the atmosphere that she created.


      I felt like Cedric the Entertainer and Taraji P. Henson was left with untapped potential energy either on the table or on the editing room floor.

    The story and the whole conflict between Julia Robert's character and her husband seemed forced... I dunno, I just felt like all would of been over-looked had we explored more of  Talia and her world.  Maybe this will enable someone to spawn her character into a  movie of her own like Le'on The Professional did Le Femme Nikita.


     I hate to do this but even though I gave it a C, I feel like your buck will be better spent seeing it on DVD.



WORTH
$$


No comments: