BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sucker Punch





PITCH

-

VIEWING
Went into this one blind.  Didn't know what to really expect except some incredible graphics.  Zack Snyder has a great portfolio so I figured that I couldn't lose...  I didn't.  Even with my superb peripherals, Sucker Punch snuffed me from all sides.  The narration at the very beginning  was the most important part of the film, like all movies right?  But somehow, this one was different.  Honestly, I was ready to write the movie off within the first 30 minutes. After that, the movie really started to come into it's own.  All the definitions, innuendos, and overall perception from the narration began to make sense and ultimately, at the end, bursts into IT'S own fruition... The movie, at that point, became a film.
The best part is the conversation as the credits are falling, the ride home, the discussion at the Absopure water feeder @ work, the Facebook debates. Everyone saw this movie differently. Right now it seems that most of my friends whom viewed this incredible piece of work see it differently than I do.  The overwhelming disdain for its... hmmmm, lets say: "shallowness" turned a lot of people off.  What shallowness?  I dunno, it depends on who you ask.  Most gripes derived from the 'fantasy' aspect of the film.  From the attire of the heroins to the fight itself.  People wanted to see more of the reality while the fantasy sequence was on screen... Just a plethora of complaints similar to that. 
 To me, her fantasy world imitated her reality.  So if she is in this environment of let's say... Pimp's and hoes... Her imagination is going to have certain aspects of that element in it.  I don't want to say too much. Definitely want to respect those of you who haven't seen it yet and Oh my word... there are a lot of you!
  
      Just got back from visiting a friend [Amber] and she brought up a point that I missed that made me love the film even more!!! The 'dance' sequence was a metaphor for something more sinister.  If you want to know what that is... email me @ conroychristianjointer@gmail.com.  I'll be more than happy to chop it up with you.  This revelation made EVERYTHING clear about what was going on in her reality. It explains certain rooms that she saw on her tour, the object on the 'stage' and the remarks by the other orderlies when the villain dude went for for the gusto near the end.
The film gets an A. I implore my audience to go see this one. It's rated PG-13 and I didn't notice that there weren't any cursing in it till it was almost over. Well done Zack!

WORTH
$$$$$

 

1 comment:

conroy.jointer said...

The first (and probably the second) fantasy sequence will turn a lot of people off but I IMPLORE you to hold your concluding opinion till the end of the movie. You may miss one of the greatest stories that you've never heard :)