BOOKMARK US!!!

scroll down on the right-hand side and "FOLLOW" us for the optimum experience!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows





THE PITCH




WORTH

$$$$$




THE VIEWING

" Madam Simza Heron: What do you see?
Sherlock Holmes: Everything. That is my curse. "   


    
           This adventure film was every bit of my expectation and more.   Many debate over if this one was better than the last one.  I most definitely think so [and I'll tell you why] I cringe when people use that phrase... why did I just use it? *hunching shoulders*...  I thought the story was engaging from the start. I didn't really have a sense of direction but enjoyed the ride of obscurity until things started to come together; and when they began to come together... Mmmph! Just mesmerizing. 
    Your interest will be maintained throughout.  There is a lot of information thrusted at you which is a good thing.  People that have seen the original, this is nothing new.  New and interesting characters introduced and intense action scenes make this a hard contrast to the Sherlock Holmes books that you read back when.




     Robert Downey Jr. is so talented.  It's hard to take your eyes of the screen when he's speaking.  An Oscar is long over due.  His chemistry with another great talent,  Jude Law, is rekindled and stronger than before.  Lastly, the true mark of any action/adventure film is graded upon the strength of the enemy.  The reason this film gets a high mark is because Holmes's enemy is just as smart as he is.  The outcome or conclusion is not foreseen by anyone... I love that.
   
    Warner Brothers seems to have found a gem.  I only hope that the powers that be don't drag the series out.

    I have to give this movie an A-  .
     
    


No comments: